Every time when i passing by MRR2 Chinese Cemetery area, i can't help looking at the right side. There got a hill with the communication tower at top. I know its a army telecommunication tower and the area are under army surveillance. Yet i'm keep thinking how i can hike this hill. After so many years, finally i make it... by coincident.
Recently I heard about a hiking place near Alam Damai Cheras which can have a great KL view at top. As Alam Damai Cheras is very near to my stay, i plan to explore the place. Haze are bad in this few day and its not advisable to hike a new place without knowing how long and how tough it might be. So i just wait for a good timing.
Finally one day the haze situation was at its minimal. less than 60 API. So i quickly prepare and go for the new hiking place alone. But suddenly I'm thinking maybe should call Mr Yong, my occasional hiking buddy. He say ok and will wait for me at 330pm. Its turn to be a lucky day for me to do that as later prove hiking alone is really not a best choice for a new place.
I was guide by the below blog which give me a great help understanding the Bukit Besi Alam Damai.
I thought Bukit Besi Alam Damai is a leisure hike with KL panorama view. So estimated 1.5 hrs should be done. End up we hike 2 hrs plus and its bit tough than i thought.
As first timer, I know there is 3 check point before come out. End up we make mistake. We reach check point one which is the KL panorama view. Then suppose "waterfall" check point... but we reach check point 3 instead the 2nd. Then we go further to explore and reach the summit which is the Army Camp Telecommunication Tower which you can see behind the Giant Connaught....
When going back, we try another trail and we manage reach back check point 2 before come out check point one again..... So we go Up 30 minute, then up another 30 minute then go down 45 minute and up again 30 minute........
Great experience and thanks for Mr Yong hiking buddy.
1. Park your car at OCBC Alam Damai.
2. Walk over the opposite entrance, Small Road with barricade (beside Altitude 236 Condominium)
3. Go up about 5 minute, you will see the Water Reservoir Tank.
|My Parang Since UKM PALAPES Time. I will only bring it out when hiking alone or hiking new place|
|Important landmark: Park car here|
|This is 1st landmark you stop here and go into bush trail|
4. Just beside the Water tank got a small trail entry at right. (i didn't go further to the tar road)
5. 1st landmark after go into the bush trail is Drainage "escalator"
6. Then go up again overcome Small hill
7. Once over drainage and small hill, you will have a breath space with a panaroma view. But this is not the 1st checkpoint! Go further up!!
8. At this point, you might confuse as got many trail road leading to top. Its ok, the trail will still bring you to the 1st checkpoint.
9. Once you see a huge empty space facing KL View and which some "nice table set".
You are in 1st Check Point!!
|Turn right after water tank|
|This i call Drainage escalator|
|1st view but not 1st check point... go up somemore|
|Once you see this, you are in 1st check point|
|Relax a bit here|
10. From 1st check point go up further you will go inside "alice in the wonderland" bush.
11. **Suppose go down right after the entry but we make a mistake and turned left uphill.
12. End up we reach check point 3!!!
13. Checkpoint 3 got a tent, some homemade gym equipment and nice sleepy place.
|**SUPPOSE TURN RIGHT TO GO DOWN CHECK POINT 2 BUT WE TURNED LEFT|
|wild boar track|
|check point 3|
14. From checkpoint 3 we decide to follow the trail to go up further more
15. Then saw big rock, and we turn left again when got split road.
16. This time we make a good choice as the trail lead us to the Army Telecommunication Station Tower!!
17. This is the highest point of Bukit Besi Alam Damai.
18. We can see MRR2 road
19. We circle about 300 Meter around the fence then U-turn when the road getting more difficult and dangerous
20. We meet some hiker when turning back
|We stop here and turn back|
21. When we going down, we decided to find the check point 2
22. We turn left again when reach the split road. (Suppose turn right back to checkpoint 3)
23. Going down is not easy! Too steep and slippery.
24. Trail not very clear and lots of misleading small trail road
25. ***EASILY WILL GET LOST IF HIKE ALONE AND COME HERE FIRST TIME
26. Quite a distance going down before we finally reach check point 2.
27. Land mark here is "WATERFALL"
28. Just go straight or turn right after coming down. The trail going back also not very clear
29. Going uphill again!!!!
30. You will reach the "alice in the wonderland" Rabbit hole again
31. After this, just follow back the trail you coming in.
|check point 2 : waterfall|