Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yang Di-Pertuan Besar Of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Ja'afar Dies


The Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Ja'afar ibni Almarhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman, passed away at 11.45am today. He was 86.

Click Here & here

In my life, there is only 2 "Agong" or Sultan I remember most of the time. Sultan Perak (current & Raja Nazrin) & Yang Di-pertua Negeri sembilan Tuanku Jaafar. The later is most remember for some special reason. My most treasured memory & highest recognition during UKM-PALAPES time is handed personally by Tuanku Jaafar as Agong of Malaysia at that time.



I been in Army life since Form 1~ form 5 (kadet Tentera)and then 3 years in UKM before finally graduated as Leftenan Muda in 1998. Army training in UKM is really a Hell & heaven experience for me. I even not dare to think back what been going through but once trigger by friends, i can talk non-stop for hours just about UKM-PALAPES experience.

I was lucky to have training & exposure in secondary school (SMK METHODIST, SUNGAI SIPUT) because it's help me promoted to Kopral(Section leader) in 2nd years. I was promoted again to SARJAN (platoon leader) in final year. I was very happy to know that in PALAPES-UKM history, since establishment in 1979, i was only the fifth chinese promoted to SARJAN position. I have no intention to tell what the big deal about it, but for personal reason I'm top of the world at that moments.

I graduated from UKM (Academic) in March 1998. But the real graduation for me is on June 1998...PALAPES graduation ceremony in ITM, Shah Alam. PALAPES graduation is an anual event where PALAPES/ROTU from Malaysia will gather for the first and final time. Just mention UKM PALAPES, others University will know what that means. But now i don't know how is UKM PALAPES reputation among PALAPES Malaysia.

PALAPES graduation officiate & honors by Agong of Malaysia as Head of army force in malaysia. Tunku Jaafar is Yang Dipertuan Agong that time. Therefore he is the Agong who hand me the certificate & recognition for what i have contribute in PALAPES.

Al-Fatihah

1 comment:

palapes ukm said...

hi sir, i invite you to join group:
http://palapes-ukm.ning.com/

for palapes ukm only..