Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hiking : Part 2 - Gunung Nuang 1,498 metres (4,898 ft) Miracle survive and Giving up



Direction: 
1. From Cheras-Kajang Highway, Turn left to Batu 9 road after passing the toll
2. Go straight till reach traffic light (Police station) turn left
3. Go straight all the way..... long drive
4. By pass sungai congkak waterfall and toward Pangsoon Dam 
5. At the end of the road, you will see Gunung Nuang entrance arch at left.
GPS: N3.21639 E101.88369


1. After May survey, i call up my old friend, Tan Hua Ghee, Two x-mount kinabalu female, and Mr Yong for a real hike to Gunung Nuang Summit

2. I didn't bring DSLR camera, One Backpack and One liter of water..(Never bring less than 2-3 liter water for Gunung Nuang hike)... and some banana off course

3. We reach Gunung Nuang Entrance 645am and by 700am we started the hike

4. We took only 1.5 hours to reach Kem Lolo. Feeling great confident can reach Summit before 100pm. (Unwritten rules all hiker must know if we can't reach the summit before 100pm, we must start turn back to exit.)

5. Mr Yong, first casualty as he suffer cramp.... as we can't wait, he will rest and start walking back to car park while we continue...

6. From Kem Lolo to Kem Pacat its take around 1.5 hours. Its Tough..Started to feel the difficulty. When resting time, Quickly drink water and stretch my leg to prevent cramp...

7. From Kem Pacat to kem Pengasih is Nightmare + Hell!!!!!!  Its took another 1.5 hours. I named it KEM PEMBUNUH!!. Freaking Killing!!!!! Even before reach the Kem Pengasih, for the first time in my hiking career.... I surrender.. I say to my friend that i couldn't continue as my leg cramp till Thigh already and my back is feel hurt... I wanna turn back to exit... My friend give some moral support and by that time an angel was sent from heaven. A veteran stop by and offer me some salt..ORIS!!! After put into the little left over water, i drink it and feel immediately relieve a bit..... The ORIS really works to ease my pain.. I continue hike...

8. By 100pm pass 5 minute, We make it to the Gunung Nuang Summit!!! Yet there is nothing nice scenery to enjoy except the 2 little squirrel. The animal not afraid of human as too many hiker feed them with foods everyday...

9. After rest about 15 minute, we started to go down. We are very fortune as the weather was good and no rain. Looking at the path, we can predict what will happen if rain get in.

10. The most frustrated walk in whole life.... The road seem never end and like we will never reach station to station to exit..... After Kem LOLO, we all walk silently without much talk as very very tired and frustrated as the road seem never end...

11. I don't know what happen but my body suddenly feel great. My leg are ok, no more cramp and i feel full energy.. (maybe achieved reach the top, body no pressure).. 3 of my friend toe are pain and knee are pain... now my turn to wait for them....

12. We only reach car park at 700pm!!!!! exactly 12 hours hike!!!

13. The day after, one female in midnight have to see doctor for a pain killer injection on her knee. One female MC and another walk like zombie... Me?? Haha.... i don't feel any after hike effect... I can bend, can run can jump.. I really dont know what happen but I feel very great!!!!!














No comments: